The boat we use is 34 feet or 10,5 metres long RIB. RIB means the bottom is made from fiberglass and has a big rubber tube around the boat. The same model is used by the NAVY in 25 countries and is also used worldwide as a rescue boat. In October 2016, our boat got certified by the Norwegian Maritime Directorate (NMD) for 12 passengers in all areas. The boat has in October got a new radio certificate valid for 5 years.
Shortly, the boat has:
- Personal Locator Beacon.
- Radar transponder.
- Approved communication equipment.
- First aid equipment.
- Fire extinguisher.
- Two engines, so if one should fail we can still use the other one.
- Boat model: Gemini 1050
- Engines: 2x 300HP Evinrude E-tec
- Top speed fully loaded: 45 knots
- How to dress: We recommend that you dress accordingly to the season. It is never too warm on the sea. You will get a life suit, life jacket and goggles to wear over your own clothing. In the winter, we can equip you with knitted hats, mittens and shoes.